SERIES- Krampus (2015)
DATE COMPLETED- August 2016
NOTES- Last summer, I worked a contract at Universal Studios Hollywood to help make costumes for Halloween Horror Nights 2016. We got to recreate pieces from a bunch of their films and TV Shows. The biggest project I was lucky to be a part of was building the Krampus monster. I teamed up with Traci, who did the patterning and cutting for the Krampus cloak. Once it was ready to be stitched, we worked in sections and stitched various patches on piece by piece. Then we put the cloak together, making sure to add patches as we went to hide any obvious seam lines. The hood was a separate piece that had to be hand sewn to the cloak once it was on the mannequin. Lastly came the fur trim that had to be hand sewn in sections as well to give it the right drape. Once it got approved, we handed it off to the distressing team to make it look aged and grimy.